If you were to open the door to my fridge on DAYS 1-3 of my #Detox Juice Cleanse. This is pretty much what you’ll find, multiple bottles of S.Pellegrino, BluePrint Cold Pressed Juices, and fresh juice blends from www.nekterjuicebar.com or a custom juice blend from my local www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Our bodies are designed to be Alkaline not acidic. Acidic forming foods typically considered “processed foods” that leave behind an acidic residue in our bodies. All the food we consume burns with the oxygen in our cells to produce energy, equaling our fuel.
Processed foods slow down the body causing low energy, poor health, and weight problems.
Foods To Avoid
- Red Meat
- White Flours (Pastas & Bread)
- Processed Packaged Snacks
Alkaline Monster Machine
Ingredients to the Alkaline Monster Machine
- Parsley rich in many vital vitamins, including Vitamin C, B 12, K and A. It helps flush out excess fluid from the body, thus supporting kidney function.
- CucumberÂ are packed with vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese
Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health improving your memory.
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies. Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial.
- Honey (optional) Add to sweetenÂ The sweet nectar of honey is loaded in antioxidants, honey is known for its effectiveness in instantly boosting the performance, endurance and reduce muscle fatigue of athletes.
- Spinach has an extremely high nutritional value and is rich in antioxidants. It is a good source of vitamins A, B2, C and K, and also contains magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium.
- Ginger Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which can help to improve blood flow. Ginger improves the absorption and stimulation of essential nutrients in the body. It does this byÂ stimulating gastric and pancreatic enzyme secretion. Ginger helps improve the immune system.
- Kale is Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants Like Quercetin and Kaempferol. It is an Excellent Source of Vitamin C.
kale is one of the vegetables with the highest ORAC rating.
ORAC, which stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, measures foods’ ability to scavenge free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause damage to your body at the cellular level. (chemistry) (pH balanced) (Alkaline Diets). Additional details in blogs to come. (kale contains almost as much pro-vitamin A as carrots) In addition to providing pure health benefits, kale’s antioxidants can also provide beauty benefits. The free radical neutralizing effects of the antioxidants in kale can help keep your skin looking great by preventing loss of skin elasticity triggered by excessive ultraviolet radiation.
- Beets (optional) are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas).
- Wheat Grass (optional) Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available today. However, to get the full benefit, the chlorophyll must come fresh from a living plant. 2. Wheat grass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K.
If a delivery service is a method you’d prefer for your #Detox Juice Cleanse. BluePrint is a great Cold Pressed Juice Company that delivers to most locations. You’ll noticed that a lot of these detox juice blends contain a spice like Cayenne, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon.
Â Health Benefits:
- Cayenne cayenne pepper is currently gaining buzz for cleansing and detoxifying regimes, using the spice to stimulate circulation and neutralize acidity. Cayenne is a well-known digestive aid. It stimulates the digestive tract, increasing the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices. This aids the bodyâ€™s ability to metabolize food (and toxins). Cayenne is a known circulatory stimulant. It also increases the pulse of our lymphatic and digestive rhythms. By heating the body, the natural process of detoxification is streamlined. Cayenne also causes us to sweat, another important process of detoxification. Combined with lemon juice and honey, cayenne tea is an excellent morning beverage for total body detox.
- Nutmeg Nutmeg acts as a tonic in many different ways, and therefore boosts the overall health of your body. More specifically, in terms of the liver and kidney where many of the toxins are stored and accumulated from the body, nutmeg can help eliminate them. It literally cleans those organs out of all the toxins that may be stored there from alcohol, drugs, pollution, food, or natural organic toxins. Furthermore, active ingredients in nutmeg help to dissolve kidney stones, and increase overall function and efficiency of the kidney and liver.
one teaspoon of cinnamon packs as much antioxidant potency as a half cup of blueberries, and cinnamonâ€™s natural antimicrobial properties have been shown to fight strains of E. coli, as well as Candida yeast. It contains fiber, calcium, iron, and manganese.
I’ve listed the ingredients you’ll typically find in my juice blends. Each ingredient has a brief description of the vitamins and nutrients they contain providing your body with a bomb of antioxidants helping our bodies fight health problems, and protect us from environment pollutants. These juices will get your skin glowing and feeling fresh as a baby’s face.
I highly recommend you stick to juice blends, mineral (sparkling) & still water to truly benefit from the natural vitamins and antioxidants cleansing your body contributing to more energy, as well as, leaner and fit bodies. However, if this is too new to you, and the transition isn’t easy without actual food. Don’t put too much pressure and allow yourself smaller and cleaner meals like the photograph below.
- Asparagas : Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cannellini Beans (white Beans) Some of the health benefits of cannellini beans are linked to their high molybdenum content. Molybdenum (moh-LIB-den-um) is a trace element that plays an essential yet overlooked role in human health. By stimulating the action of detoxifying enzymes like sulfite oxidase and aldehyde oxidase, molybdenum plays a vital role in the detoxification of the body:
- Cilantro (Optional)
- Lemon (Optional)
The objective of this Alkaline Cleanse is to restore your bodies natural PH. Foods lose their nutrients in any cooking process. Lightly grilled or steam keeping their natural colors as bright as possible after cooking, before consumption. Grill in a small amount of olive oil, and season with lemon, garlic salt and pepper.
Â After your 3rd day you will feel lighter, packed with more energy, and rejuvenated. Keep a work out of at least 20mins everyday, even if it’s a quick work out at home. There are tons of videos on YouTube for ideas and inspiration.
Stay Beautiful and Stay Connected. Follow my Instagram by tapping on the icon below, for updates on the latest Blog Post, and Beauty Trends.